Area of Focus
Steve Milner is the Managing Partner of Squar Milner, a Partner in the firm’s Tax Department and a Partner in the firm’s Forensic/Bankruptcy/Litigation Services Department. He also specializes as a consultant on issues including business and financial analysis, workouts, acquisitions, divestitures, management policy and procedures for operating and investment entities and extensive strategic and operational planning. He is actively involved in all aspects of tax planning, compliance and controversy.
From 1987 to 1990 Steve was Vice President and Corporate Controller for Birtcher Real Estate, one of the Nation’s largest developers and property managers.
Steve was also a Senior Tax Consultant with Deloitte & Touche from 1984 through 1987.
Professional License and Accreditation
• Certified Public Accountant, California
• Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
• General Securities representative (Series 7)
• Certified Insolvency & Reorganization Accountant
• Certified Tax Specialist, State Bar of California (1994-2006)
• Member, California State Bar
• Member, Orange County Bar Association
• Member, California Bankruptcy Forum
• Member, Association of Insolvency Accountants
“Chapter 11 Real Estate Cram-Down Plans: The Legacy of Till”, California Bankruptcy Journal, May 2010; “Tyranny of the masses is rising”, Orange County Register, March 2009; “Cram-Down Interest Rates: The Quest Continues”, California Bankruptcy Journal, February 2009; ”Tax Plans, Job Creation”, Orange County Business Journal, September 2008; “Opt for a free-market retirement system”, Orange County Register, March 2005.
Orange County CFO Roundtable: “How the New Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Affects Business Tax Obligations”, April 2010; University of California – Boalt Hall: “Reporting for Financial Contingencies”, April 2010; University of California – Boalt Hall: “Techniques of Financial Analysis for Lawyers”, November 2009.
• The George Washington University – Master of Laws – (Taxation)
• Pepperdine University School of Law – Malibu, California – J.D.
• University of California, Los Angeles – Bachelor of Arts – English
• Institut Superieur des Sciences Economique et Commerciales – Paris, France