Area of Focus
Kristi Oates is a Partner in Squar Milner’s Tax Department. She has over 20 years experience in public accounting and serves as a tax consultant specializing in real estate development, construction and syndication (both residential and commercial), financial institutions, equity participation, tenant-in-common associations (TIC’s), Non-Profit organizations, restaurants, franchises, affordable housing, technology, start-up companies, closely held businesses and high net worth individuals.
Kristi’s background includes diverse experience in the areas of multi-state partnerships, affiliated groups of companies, closely held corporations, multi-state corporations, and high net worth individual taxpayers.
With a strong focus on the interplay between company and individual, Kristi works to minimize overall taxes and maximize after tax profits for the affiliated group as a whole.
Kristi heads up the restaurant services division at Squar Milner and is actively engaged in monitoring current tax and accounting developments as they relate to the restaurant industry.
Prior to joining Squar Milner, Kristi worked as a tax consultant at Ernst & Young, LLP in Newport Beach. She was responsible for performing income tax services for various entities including real estate partnerships, multi-state consolidated corporations, and closely held companies.
Professional License and Accreditation
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Board of Directors, Building Industry of America (BIA)
- President Elect, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Board of Directors, California Restaurant Association (CRA)
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Leventhal School of Accounting, University of Southern California (Honors)
- Real Estate Taxation
- Restaurant and Food Services Taxation and Planning