Adam Bullock is a Partner in Squar Milner’s Audit and Assurance Services Department, in charge of the firm’s Financial Services Industry practice. Adam is responsible for development and implementation of strategic direction of FSI practice, including the coordination of all services lines within the firm (audit, tax, consulting, acquisition diligence, BK and litigation support) for FSI companies (banking, specialty finance asset management and insurance) throughout the U.S. and the Cayman Islands.
Adam joined Squar Milner in January 2007 and was previously with Ernst & Young LLP from 2002 to 2007 and with Arthur Andersen LLP from 1993 to 2002. Adam has 25 years of dedicated experience in the Financial Services Industry where he has served a variety of diversified and multinational financial institutions including the following:
- Mortgage lending companies
- Specialty finance companies, with focus on companies utilizing Wall Street funding and managing liquidity through securitization
- Commercial, retail, mortgage and credit card banks
- Asset management companies (alternative investment management/hedge funds)
- Insurance companies
- Credit card companies (front-end merchant acquirers)
- Loan servicing companies (for both secured and unsecured product)
- Leasing companies (auto and equipment)
Adam has significant experience resolving complex accounting and SEC reporting issues, participating in numerous financing transactions, including debt and equity issuances, structured finance, securitization transactions, business combinations, reorganizations and bankruptcies, IPO’s, and managing sizable multi-location projects. Adam has expertise with the use of derivative financial instruments and has provided technical accounting guidance on both financial and commodity derivatives to companies in all industries. Adam also leads the structured finance practice within the firm and in that regard has been significantly involved with the evaluation of the accounting, modeling and valuation of financial instruments (such as residual interests from securitization, mortgage servicing rights, debt and equity securities, residential and commercial loan portfolios, and equities).
- Certified Public Accountant, California and Connecticut
- Member, Cayman Island Society of Professional Accountants
Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Loyola Marymount University