Art is a Partner in Squar Milner’s Tax Department. He has substantial business experience in public accounting, providing services to high net-worth individuals and their family-owned and entrepreneurial businesses. His proven track record extends to a variety of areas including technology, social media, life sciences, manufacturing, distribution, import/export, real estate and service-oriented industries such as architectural and engineering firms, law firms and consulting firms.
Art has managed and performed tax planning, consulting, research and compliance services for privately and publicly held corporations and start-ups. He has considerable experience with corporate acquisitions (stock and asset purchases), dispositions of subsidiary companies, international tax issues, and multi-state tax filings. Art also has significant experience in dealing with federal and state tax authorities with regards to income tax audit examinations.
He also specializes in stock based compensation including stock grants, Incentive Stock Options (ISO), Non-Qualified Stock Options, and Restricted Stock Grants and Qualified Small Business Stock.
Art’s area of focus is not singularly limited tax. He also has a strong background in audit and accounting. During the course of his career, he has led audits and reviews for public and private companies. He is well versed in the audits of internal controls over financial reporting in compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Prior to Squar Milner, Art was a Partner at Louie & Wong LLP which merged into Squar Milner in 2019. Prior to Louie & Wong, LLP, he was with Arthur Andersen LLP.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Ascend
- Member, Asian American Multi-Technologies Association
- Member, Asian Business League
- Member, Audit and Finance Administration Committees of the United Way of the Bay Area
- Treasurer, Asian American Donor Program
- Bachelor of Science – University of California, Berkeley
- Master of Science in Taxation – Golden Gate University