Brian R. Gourlay
Brian is a Tax Partner for Squar Milner. He specializes in tax law and advising clients on the most effective ways to structure transactions to minimize tax impact. Brian offers particular emphasis in tax strategies concerning partnerships/LLCs, S corporations, estate planning, Section 1031 like-kind exchanges, and debt cancellation and reorganization planning. He offers special expertise with clients in the real estate, software, technology, entertainment and manufacturing industries.
Brian began his career in the private sector, primarily working in the manufacturing industry, before transitioning exclusively to public accounting in 1984. He joined SRG, LLP in 1989 which merged into Squar Milner in 2019.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Bar Association
- Master of Science, Taxation – California State University at Northridge
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting – California State University at Northridge