david w. cortney
David W. Cortney is a Partner in Squar Milner’s Tax Department. Dave’s areas of concentration include income tax planning and compliance of individuals, partnerships and corporations. He advises in a variety of industries, such as medical, real estate, and hospitality. In addition, he spends considerable time with trust and estate compliance issues and post-mortem trust administration.
Dave has practiced accounting in San Diego since 1978. In 1990, he and his father merged their successful accounting practice, Cortney and Cortney, with Peterson & Co., LLP.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, University of Southern California.
- MBA, Finance, University of Southern California
Dave is an active member of the Estates and Trusts Committee of the Children’s Hospital Foundation. He is involved with students from the local universities by periodically making presentations at the Student Accounting Society luncheons.