Deborah Harrington is the Chief Operating Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, and the Director of Internal Compliance for Squar Milner Financial Services, LLC.
In her leadership capacity, Deborah oversees Squar Milner Financial Services’ day to day operations to ensure that all the systems, resources, and people are in place to achieve the goals of the company. She serves an integral management role in the strategic, management, operation, marketing and compliance functions of the firm, working directly with the President.
With over 30 years in the investment management and financial service industry, Deborah has served in an executive role for a broad spectrum of firms, ranging from one of the oldest and largest trust companies in the nation, to co-founding a private, boutique alternative investment firm, where she served as the President and Chief Executive Officer.
As an entrepreneur and business leader, she brings with her a strong business acumen in establishing and growing start-up operations, leading and managing growth, and effecting and leading corporate change for sustainable growth, to Squar Milner Financial Services.
Deborah’s passion for the financial service industry carries over to her philanthropic endeavors spanning her entire executive career. During this time, she has served on several not-for-profit boards, assuming leadership roles with the Orange County Council, Boy Scouts of America, March of Dimes (most recently, 2018 March for Babies Chair), the City of Hope – Construction Industry Alliance, and the Orange County Society of Investment Managers.
Formerly, as a women business owner, Deborah provided testimony to Capitol Hill at the invitation of Elizabeth Dole, the National Women’s Council. She has been an author of many published articles on the topics of investment management, estate planning, business and family legacy issues of importance.
- FINRA (Active)
- Series 7 (General Securities Representative)
- Series 63 (Uniformed Securities Agent State Law)
- Series 65 (Uniformed Registered Investment Adviser Law)
- California Department of Insurance
- Life-only, Accident and Health Agent; Variable Contracts Agent (License No.: OM27465)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Finance and Marketing – Claremont Graduate University, Claremont, CA
- Bachelor of Fine arts, Minor in Chemistry – University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA