Deborah is a Director in Squar Milner’s Tax Department and specializes in nonprofit taxation and trusts. For over 20 years, her professional focus has been on tax compliance and planning for exempt organizations.
Deborah was a Director of Tax Exempt Organizations with DZH Phillips which merged into Squar Milner in 2018. She has extensive experience in the areas of taxation of non-traditional investments, functional expense allocations, grant-making requirements and executive compensation issues. Deborah’s experience greatly benefits her clients, which include private foundations, public charities, social welfare and employment benefit organizations. She possesses strong pragmatism and problem solving skills, stays up-to-date on the relevant tax matters, explains complex financial and tax concepts, clearly and understandably, and remains dedicated to her clients’ success.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Enrolled Agents
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelors – University of Nevada, Reno
- Masters – University of Alabama