Gary is a Partner in Squar Milner’s Tax Services Department. With over 30 years of public accounting experience, Gary’s areas of expertise include public and privately held companies. He specializes in manufacturing, distribution, technology and financial services. Gary advises on mergers and acquisitions, accounting methods, private letter ruling requests, consults on planning and compliance services for C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, individuals, REIT’s and investment funds, and reviews complex, multi-state and international tax provisions, ASC 740/FIN 48.
Prior to Squar Milner, Gary served as a Tax Partner at Grant Thornton LLP, working on the largest Southern California corporate tax clients. He also worked in the corporate tax department of Transamerica.
Gary has extensive experience in financial reporting and disclosures related to income tax provisions, including Initial Public Offerings, S-1 Registrations and quarterly and annual SEC reporting. He has assisted corporate tax departments with the adoption of Sarbanes Oxley requirements and the accounting for uncertain tax positions.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Speaker, Tax Executive Institute
- Chairman, CalCPA Tax Interest Group, Orange County
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics – University of California, Davis
- Masters of Tax – Golden Gate University