jeffrey s. davis
Jeffrey Davis is a Partner in Squar Milner’s Tax Department and is the Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s State and Local Tax Practice. He brings over 20 years of tax experience in public accounting, assisting clients with various income/franchise tax, sales/use tax, credits/incentives, personal/real property tax, and employment tax matters.
Jeffrey provides state and local tax services and solutions for companies in the communications, technology, manufacturing, e-commerce, and service industries. He provides significant state and local tax value-added services to clients through tax minimization strategies, audit assistance, taxability studies, refund reviews, voluntary disclosure/amnesty programs, due diligence, apportionment reviews, and accounting for income and other related taxes (i.e., FAS 109/ASC 740, FAS 5/ASC 540, FIN 48, etc.).
Jeffrey began his career with Ernst & Young, LLP, working in their State and Local Tax Practice for over 11 years. After Ernst & Young LLP, he served as the West Region Director of State and Local Taxes for Experis Finance, a subsidiary of Manpower. Jeffrey joined Squar Milner in March of 2012.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Certified Public Accountant, Ohio
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts, Political Science and Criminal Justice – Kent State University
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting – Kent State University
- Master of Taxation – University of Denver, Colorado
- Master, International Relations and Affairs – American University