- Area of Focus
- Prior Business Experience
- Professional License & Accreditation
Joe Kiuchi is the Director of Japanese Audit Services in Squar Milner’s Audit and Assurance Services Department. He has over 15 years of combined experience in public accounting and private industry. Joe has extensive experience serving companies in the consumer products, technology/software, healthcare, professional service groups industries and engagements for foreign operations, development stage companies, initial public offerings, reverse mergers, and compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Prior to joining Squar Milner, Joe was an internal audit manager at a large accelerated filer overseeing internal control compliance in the Asian/Pacific region. Prior to that, Joe was with the “Big 4” and a national audit firm involved in a variety of projects and engagements, primarily focused on audit/advisory engagements for U.S., Japanese, Canadian, European, Korean, and Chinese-owned entities.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor, Business Administration/Accounting – Dallas Baptist University
- Master of Business Administration – Dallas Baptist University
- Difference between IFRS and US GAAP, specific to Japanese owned subsidiaries in US (2009) – provided to CEO/CFO of Japanese owned subsidiaries in US.
- Compliance with PCAOB audit (2011) – provided to RSM Japan.
- Compliance with PM Internal Control Manual (2015) – provided to third party vendors.
- Major differences between IFRS and US GAAP (2016) – contributed to an accounting journal issued by Gakushuin University.