Karisa is a Partner in Squar Milner’s Tax Department. With 34 years of experience, Karisa focuses on providing international and domestic tax compliance and planning for corporations, individuals, partnerships, trusts and not-for profits in a wide variety of industries that include technology and biotechnology, manufacturing, engineering, and privately-held business consulting firms. She has tremendous experience with tax preparation and consulting for individuals and succession planning for closely held businesses. On the entity side, she provides tax planning and consulting in the areas of acquisitions, choice of entity, corporate structuring, international tax, expatriate tax compliance, and transfer pricing.
Prior to working with Squar Milner, Karisa was a partner with DZH Phillips. Before joining DZH Phillips, Karisa was one of the founding partners of her previous firm. She previously worked at two national firms and another large local firm where she gained extensive experience working with multi-state and multi-national technology corporations. Karisa has worked with companies from start up to publicly traded.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting & Marketing – University of California, Berkeley
- Master in Taxation – Golden Gate University