Karisa is a partner in the Squar Milner Tax Department. With 32 years of experience, Karisa focuses on providing international and domestic tax compliance and planning for corporations, individuals, partnerships, trusts and not-for profits in a wide variety of industries that include technology and biotechnology, manufacturing, engineering and privately-held business consulting firms.
Karisa was a partner with DZH Phillips which merged into Squar Milner in 2018. Before joining DZH Phillips, Karisa was one of the founding partners of her previous firm. She has extensive experience working with multi-state and multi-national technology corporations, having previously worked at two national firms and another large local firm. She has worked with companies from start up to publicly traded.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, California Society of CPAs
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting & Marketing – University of California, Berkeley
- Master’s in Taxation – Golden Gate University