Keith L. Troutman is a Partner in Squar Milner’s Tax Department. He has served and consulted with clients that have consolidated tax returns, international, multistate, merger and acquisition, S corporation, Limited Liability Company, and individual tax issues. He has advised companies in the manufacturing, biotechnology, software, medical device, financial institution, defense contractor, and distribution industries. Keith has gained experience in the corporate tax and flow through areas by serving start-up companies as well as middle market private and publicly traded corporations. In addition, Keith has extensive experience in representing tax payers before the IRS and state agencies in tax controversy matters.
Keith began his tax career as a Revenue Officer with the Internal Revenue Service in 1988 and worked for the service for over six years. He has been a tax professional in public accounting for over 20 years and previously practiced as a Tax Manager for Deloitte & Touche in San Diego, California. Keith joined Squar Milner in January 2003.
- Certified Public Accountant, California and Texas
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
- Member, California Board of Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science, Business – California State University, Hayward
- Masters of Business Administration – California State University, Hayward
- Masters of Science, Taxation – Golden Gate University
Keith played professional baseball in the minor league system for the Pittsburgh Pirates. His passion for the game has directed him to volunteer and be involved with Pony Baseball and Little League Baseball in San Diego County.
He previously served on the Board of Directors for the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) and attends the monthly meeting for both ACG and Corporate Finance Counsel.