Kevin O’Connell is a Principal in Squar Milner’s Audit Department with over 11 years of experience specializing in assurance and compliance services. Kevin has an in-depth knowledge of technical GAAP accounting and compliance under the Uniform Guidance. Kevin works with a broad range of industries and specifically enjoys working with not-for-profit organizations, as well as closely-held consumer goods or technology companies. Kevin’s clients also include companies in the professional services, life sciences, gaming, private schools, and real estate industries.
Upon graduation, Kevin dedicated over nine years of audit service to DZH Phillips LLP before the firm was acquired by Squar Milner in 2018. In addition to his experience as an auditor, Kevin has previously worked as a forensic accountant and outsourced controller. As an up-and-coming thought leader in the accounting field, Kevin has presented on various topics for the California Society of Certified Public Accountants, OSC2, LeadingAge, and Squar Milner’s Education Series, while he has also served as a guest lecturer at the University of San Francisco.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Accounting – California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Board Member and Treasurer of the San Francisco Arts Education Project