Kevin O’Connell is a Principal within Squar Milner’s Audit Services department, bringing over 10 years of audit experience. He specializes in assurance and compliance services for commercial enterprises and nonprofit organizations, with additional expertise in forensic accounting. Kevin brings a wealth of technical research experience and in-depth knowledge of GAAP accounting. He serves a diverse range of clients in the consumer goods, technology and construction industries. Kevin also has considerable experience working with nonprofit organizations focused on youth arts or athletics, independent schools and social service.
Upon graduation, Kevin dedicated over nine years of audit service to DZH Phillips LLP before the firm was acquired by Squar Milner in 2018. Kevin has garnered significant experience serving privately-held middle market companies in a wide range of industries. As an up-and-coming leader in the accounting field, he has had the opportunity to serve as a Guest Lecturer at the University of San Francisco, as well as speak at various engagements including the CalCPA Nonprofit Conference, the LeadingAge Conference, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and various Squar Milner technical accounting webinars. Kevin also serves as Board Treasurer for the San Francisco Arts Education Project.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Accounting – California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo