kristi d. oates
Kristi Oates is a Tax Partner at Squar Milner and has over 27 years of public accounting experience. She specializes in the taxation of real estate development, construction, syndication, tenant-in-common associations (TIC’s), and financial institutions. Heading up the restaurant practice at Squar Milner, she also consults on the specialized taxation of restaurants and franchises to both franchisees and franchisors. She represents a variety of closely held businesses and high net worth individuals.
Kristi’s background includes experience in the areas of sophisticated multi-state partnerships, affiliated groups of companies, closely held businesses and high net worth individuals (along with their families). With a strong emphasis on “flow through entity” structures, her focus is on the interplay between company and individual. Kristi works hard to minimize overall taxes and maximize the after tax profits for affiliated groups and their owners. Kristi founded and heads up the restaurant division at Squar Milner. She is actively engaged in monitoring current and impending tax and accounting developments as they relate to the restaurant, food and franchise industries. Prior to joining Squar Milner, Kristi worked at Ernst & Young, in Newport Beach.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
Advisory Board Activities
- University of California – Irvine, Paul Merage School of Business, Center for Real Estate, Executive Advisory Board Member
- Board of Directors, Building Industry of America (BIA) – 2011-2015
- Board of Directors, Past President, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Board of Directors, California Restaurant Association (CRA), Chair, Education Committee, Treasurer, Chair – Education Committee
Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Leventhal School of Accounting, University of Southern California (Honors)