Michael Shafer is a Partner in Squar Milner’s Tax Department. He has served and consulted with clients that have consolidated tax return, international, multistate, merger and acquisition, S corporation, Limited Liability Company, and individual tax issues. Michael’s primary area of practice is in corporate taxation where he performs tax planning, consulting, research and compliance projects for privately and publicly held corporations, S-corporations, and start-ups.
Michael joined Squar Milner in 2006 and brings over 17 years of public accounting experience. He previously practiced as a Tax Manager for Deloitte & Touche in San Diego, California. His experience includes consolidated corporate tax returns with international reporting, multi-state tax filings, S corporations, Partnerships, and Limited Liability Companies. His prior industry experience includes but is not limited to, web-based businesses, manufacturing, accounting for income taxes (FAS 109), and FIN48 reporting.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science with a Minor in Economics – University of California, Santa Barbara
- Master of Sciences, Taxation – San Diego State University