Michael Shafer is a Partner in Squar Milner’s Tax Department. Michael joined the firm in January 2006. He has served and consulted with clients that have consolidated tax return, international, multistate, merger and acquisition, S corporation, Limited Liability Company, and individual tax issues. Michael’s primary area of practice is in corporate taxation where he performs tax planning, consulting, research and compliance projects for privately and publicly held corporations, S-corporations, and start-ups.
Michael has been a tax professional in public accounting for over 16 years and previously practiced as a Tax Manager for Deloitte & Touche in San Diego, California. His experience includes consolidated corporate tax returns with international reporting, multi-state tax filings, S corporations, Partnerships, and Limited Liability Companies. His prior industry experience includes but is not limited to, web-based businesses, manufacturing, accounting for income taxes (FAS 109), and FIN48 reporting.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science (major)/Economics (minor), UC Santa Barbara
- Masters of Sciences, San Diego State University