Area of Focus
Keith Downs is a Principal at Squar Milner and has over 20 years of public accounting experience. He has extensive experience providing strategic tax planning, compliance and accounting services to both public and private clients. He is dedicated to serving clients by understanding their business and proactively offering ways to reduce risk and improve tax efficiency, all while keeping clients’ goals firmly in mind. His focus on tax consulting needs is enhanced by substantial experience in federal and multi-state tax compliance.
Prior to joining Squar Milner Keith worked as a Managing Director at KPMG in their tax department. Keith focuses on providing professional tax services to large public companies and to mid-size private companies. He has
- Worked with clients from a variety of industries, specializing in Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, S-Corporations, Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), and closely held businesses and their owners.
- Functioned as tax lead for public multi-billion dollar real estate investments trusts (REITs), real estate syndicators, venture capital firms, private equity funds, as well as for a variety of closely held businesses.
- Assisted clients with REIT formations and acquisitions, UpREIT contribution transactions, Down REIT formations, entity restructuring, like-kind exchanges, complex partnership transactions, and acquisition, development, operation and sale of real estate.
- San Diego State University, Master of Science Accountancy (Taxation)
- San Diego State University, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (Information Systems)
Professional License and Accreditation
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, AICPA
- Member, California Society of CPAs
- Member, National Association of Real Estate Investments Trusts