This is an administrative position providing support to the Firm’s Tax Partners, Principals and Managers.
The position requires advanced level skills in Microsoft Outlook, intermediate to advanced level skills/knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as experience with general office support, scanning, photocopying, and receptionist coverage. Additional software utilized in the role: XCM, Laserfiche, Practice CS, GoSystem, ProSystem, EchoSign.
This position reports to the Tax Operations Manager and CFO/CAO.
- Provide high level of support to multiple partners/managers within the department.
- Calendar management and meeting coordination for multiple partners/managers
- Telephone screening
- Prepare written client correspondence as requested
- Travel Arrangements – domestic and international
- Input daily time for multiple partners/managers within Practice CS software
- Prepare and submit expense reports for multiple partners and/or managers as assigned
- Complete monthly AMEX reconciliation within ExpensAble software system
- Final review of tax return packages prior to delivery to client (ensure all documents are signed, proper mailing envelopes are included, verify method of delivery, update internal tax return/projects tracking system, prepare for mailing/courier/overnight delivery)
- Scanning client documents into the electronic fileroom (Laserfiche) in accordance with the department’s workpaper index
- Create, edit, and tracking of engagement letters for new and existing Tax clients.
- Complete client set up forms for new Tax clients/engagements.
- Tax Return Tracking – assistance in tracking the delivery of tax returns within our XCM software
- General administrative tasks – photocopy, scan, email
- Back up for Receptionist
Additional responsibilities may include
- Industry Group Coordination – calendar management, event coordination and attendance. Preparation of materials for monthly meetings.
- Recruiting Coordination – assist in coordination of on-campus recruiting events and interviews under the direction of our Marketing Manager.
- 1099 Preparation – assistance in gathering information from clients, data input and submission of documents to 3rd party administrator. Final review of packages and coordinate delivery to clients.
- Extension Assembly – Manage the extension process for the April 15th deadline. Includes assembly of extension package, transmission of electronic extension to the IRS, update the tracking software (XCM), and scan final package into electronic fileroom (Laserfiche).
- Continuing Education Coordination – Maintain continuing education records for the department’s professional staff. Obtain proper approvals and complete registration and travel arrangements for staff member’s training/continuing education courses
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Professional demeanor
- Above average technical, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work towards deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility
- Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as clients and vendors
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with general office support, scanning, photocopying and receptionist coverage
- 5 years of experience supporting multiple Partners and/or Managers
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Intermediate/Advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
The ideal candidate must have excellent communications skills, great client service skills and have the ability to multi-task. Must be a pro-active, confident person with excellent administrative and organizational skills, meticulous in attention to detail with a ‘can-do’ attitude, have good time management skills and be flexible in a fast paced and changing environment.
We have an excellent benefits package including competitive salaries, 401K plan, company paid medical, dental and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, company paid parking, vacation pay and other benefits.
Professional business attire required; only qualified applicants, with a professional pro-active approach and a positive attitude should apply. For immediate consideration email your resume and cover letter with salary history and requirement to email@example.com. Please no recruiter or agency calls!