Thomas P. Coughlan
Thomas Coughlan is a Partner in Squar Milner’s Tax Services Department. He specializes in providing income tax planning and compliance for high net worth individuals as well as closely held companies, which offers unique tax planning opportunities for the businesses and their owners. Thomas has extensive experience with tax characterizations of transactions, such as issues related to stock options, real estate transactions and the purchase and sale of operating companies.
Prior to Squar Milner and Boas & Boas merging in 2019, Thomas was a partner at Boas & Boas LLP where he provided tax, assurance and valuation services. Additionally, he oversaw the firm’s quality control and successfully completed independent peer reviews as required by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He also has served as the controller at a post-production facility and spent six years working for a local boutique public accounting firm.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, AICPA Tax Section
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, University of San Francisco
- Master of Science, Taxation, Golden Gate University